Allen Sophomores Prepare for Next Step


RJay McCoy

Devonire Glass browses the web for possible transfer schools in the Allen Community College Library.

RJay McCoy, Sports Editor

As the first semester of the year comes to an end, it is time for students to start enrolling in second semester classes and for sophomores to apply for graduation, and to think about where they would like to attend after they leave Allen Community College.

State universities in Kansas such as the University of Kansas, Kansas State University, Wichita State University, Emporia State, Pittsburg State, and Fort Hays State are all options for students wanting to continue their education in the state. These schools provide transfer scholarships available to in and out-of-state students if applied by February 1 for the Fall 2019 semester.

The first step to transferring is to complete the FAFSA and pick an institution in which to receive financial aid. After that is completed, students will be expected to complete an application to a state institution.  Students will need to provide their cumulative GPA and unofficial transcripts, and a fee of $30-$40 based on which college you are applying to.

Pittsburg State and Emporia State are main destinations for Red Devils after graduation due to their flat-rate tuition programs and affordable cost of attendance.

Stay updated with college websites and calendars for application deadline information:

University of Kansas transfer information:

Kansas State University transfer information:

Wichita State University transfer information:

Fort Hays State University transfer information:

Emporia State transfer information:

Pittsburg State University transfer information: