The Allen Flame

Jingle Bell Rock around the Block

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jingle Bell Rock around the Block

Bill Maness, Chief of Staff at Thrive Allen 
County, is setting up the pocket park for the Downtown Iola Block Party.

Bill Maness, Chief of Staff at Thrive Allen County, is setting up the pocket park for the Downtown Iola Block Party.

Judd Wiltse

Judd Wiltse

Judd Wiltse

Judd Wiltse, Feature Editor

It’s the most wonderful time of the year in Iola, Kan., the annual Spirit of Downtown Christmas Block Party on the town square this Friday evening.

The block party will be from 4 to 7 p.m. and will involve a host of activities and the potential to win $500 dollars worth of prizes from the various businesses.

The Downtown Iola Block Party will feature 25 local businesses all running specials and all contributing $20 gift cards into a collective prize pool that only one lucky person will win.

In order to be eligible for the $500 grand prize one must submit a punch card that has been punched by all 25 businesses. One can pick up a punch card at any participating store and take it to all the other businesses to have their cards punched. They are then free to leave their card at the 25th business, at which it will be submitted for the drawing.

The drawing won’t be the only event of the party. In the pocket park next to the Thrive Allen County building on the east side of the square there will be karaoke. There will also be carolers singing yuletide tunes, horse drawn carriage rides. and holly jolly Santa himself is set to make an appearance.

It’s winter, the days are short, this is a chance to get out and enjoy the lights, socialize, mingle, and just have a good time.”

— Bill Maness

Kelly Sigg, owner of Audacious Boutique, feels that people should come out and support their local businesses this holiday season.

“People who have lived here forever don’t even know what all we offer downtown,” said Sigg, “That’s why we have the punch card and want everybody to stop in every single business because Iola really does have a lot to offer and we’d much rather you shop local.”   

Thrive’s Chief of Staff Bill Maness feels similar in the sense of shopping locally, but added festive reasons as to why people should come out.

“It’s winter, the days are short, this is a chance to get out and enjoy the lights, socialize, mingle, and just have a good time,” commented Maness.

Lindsey Temaat

• Jingle Bell Rock around the Block

News

Students Should Never Go Hungry With Allen Food Pantry

• Jingle Bell Rock around the Block

News

‘Servant’ To Hit The Stage This Weekend

• Jingle Bell Rock around the Block

News

Endowment Scholarships Available to Students

• Jingle Bell Rock around the Block

News

Temaat Wins 2019 Collegiate Journalist of the Year

• Jingle Bell Rock around the Block

News

Community Colleges Celebrate Music from the Movies

• Jingle Bell Rock around the Block

News

Business Class Drafts Plans For After Hours Clinic

• Jingle Bell Rock around the Block

News

Consequences Of Drug And Alcohol Abuse On Campus

• Jingle Bell Rock around the Block

News

Land of The Brave: February Celebrates Black History

• News

Allen Staffers Serve Their Community

• Jingle Bell Rock around the Block

News

Allen Music Director In Concert Sunday

The Official Student News Site of Allen Community College
Jingle Bell Rock around the Block