• Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @theallenflame

The Allen Flame

Academic Honesty is Top Priority

Flame+Writers+Lindsey+Temaat+and+Paul+Borcherding+mimic+academic+dishonesty.+Eyes+on+your+own+paper+Paul%21+
Flame Writers Lindsey Temaat and Paul Borcherding mimic academic dishonesty. Eyes on your own paper Paul!

Gage Ruark

Gage Ruark

Gage Ruark and Lindsey Temaat

Academic honesty is a core value of students and faculty at Allen Community College. However, many students may have been academically dishonest in the past. Although many students in high school haven’t enforced these policies as strongly as colleges do, but it’s never too late to learn about how to avoid being academically dishonest.

“Academic honesty is more than just cheating,” said the Dean of Online Learning at Allen, Regena Aye. “It can include reporting data incorrectly from a lab experiment, using a source or the ideas of others without citation, and collaborating with others on individual work.”

A common challenge that students face is not understanding a topic fully, and feeling the need to get the information elsewhere. However, the college offers a plethora of resources to help students including a writing center, math center, and online research databases. In addition, the library staff is always eager to help students with research projects.

“Adhering to academic honesty helps students get the most out of their classes,” said Aye. “Students often resort to academic dishonesty when they’re afraid to approach the instructor for help. Allen offers many Southport support services for students to use to continue to grow academically and be successful.”

When a student is dishonest they may face several repercussions including being asked to redo the assignment, receiving a no points for the assignment, being dropped from the class, or in severe cases, expelled from the college they’re attending.

For any additional information about academic honesty at Allen, please visit the school website:

https://www.allencc.edu/index.php/2-uncategorised/1542-academic-honesty

• 2017-2018

Students Get To Pick

• 2017-2018

T-Will Leads On Court

• Academic Honesty is Top Priority

2017-2018

Venezuelan Follows Path to Allen

• Academic Honesty is Top Priority

2017-2018

Longtime English Teacher Enjoys Her ‘Neat’ Students

• Academic Honesty is Top Priority

2017-2018

Does the End of Net Neutrality Affect Schools?

• Academic Honesty is Top Priority

2017-2018

Community College Impacts Area Economy

• Academic Honesty is Top Priority

2017-2018

Baseball Season Recap

• Academic Honesty is Top Priority

2017-2018

A Week in the Life: Lindsey Temaat

• Academic Honesty is Top Priority

2017-2018

Staying Safe at Allen

• Academic Honesty is Top Priority

2017-2018

Communication Department Offers Variety

The Official Student News Site of Allen Community College
Academic Honesty is Top Priority