T-Will Leads On Court

RJay McCoy, Sports Editor

Long after the Red Devil men’s basketball season has ended, sophomore guard Tyler Williams is looking forward.

Williams was crucial to the team this season, averaging 16 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 2 assists per game. Williams also was fifth in the KJCCC in scoring, third in free throw percentage, and 16th in three point percentage.

Williams’ teammates nicknamed him “T-Will.” He started playing basketball in the third grade and fell in love with the game. He feels his greatest strength in basketball is his shooting ability.

Williams’ most memorable moment this season was beating the defending national champion Hutchinson Community College 87-86 at home; however, he had his fair share of embarrassing moments.

“My most embarrassing moment this season was when I missed a wide open lay-up in the first game,” he said.

Russell Westbrook of the Oklahoma City Thunder is one of William’s favorite athletes, and OKC happens to be the Oklahoma native’s favorite team.

If Williams could have dinner with any three athletes, he picked Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and, Lebron James. His favorite quote is “Everything happens for a reason.”

Fun fact: His favorite subject in school is anatomy. T-Wills’ pregame routine is eating Sour Patch Kids while listening to music and playing games on his phone.

Williams plans to attend Arkansas Fort Smith next year and major in kinesiology while continuing his basketball career.