Flame editors named

Members of the Allen Flame staff are, from left, Brogan Falls, Paul Borcherding, Bailey Sprague, KeVoughn Manning, Lindsey Temaat, Gage Ruark, Rachael Kothe, Marquese Garrett, Nikayla Kussatz, and Austin George.

Bruce Symes

Members of the Allen Flame staff are, from left, Brogan Falls, Paul Borcherding, Bailey Sprague, Ke’Voughn Manning, Lindsey Temaat, Gage Ruark, Rachael Kothe, Marquese Garrett, Nikayla Kussatz, and Austin George.

The Flame, Allen Community College’s online student newspaper, has announced editorships for the fall 2017 semester and is working to inform and entertain students, faculty, staff and the general public about news of the college.

Lindsey Temaat will be managing editor to assist staff adviser Bruce Symes in producing the Flame. Temaat has extensive journalism experience coming into the college role and will help oversee the following members of the staff: Brogan Falls, news editor; Gage Ruark, activities editor; Ke’Voughn Manning, sports editor; Nikayla Kussatz, health editor; Rachael Kothe, opinion editor; Austin George, features editor; Bailey Sprague, photography editor; and Paul Borcherding, video editor.

“I’m very excited about this year’s staff and the possibilities it provides for the Flame,” Symes said. “We want to be more visible and something students and others look forward to reading on their phones and computers.

“I’m especially eager to see how the additions of a photo editor and video editor can enhance our paper, in addition to the section leaders we’ve had in the past, and Marquese Garrett will be in charge of social media for the Flame to help promote what we do,” Symes added.

The Flame can be read at www.theallenflame.org.