• Follow us on Twitter @theallenflame

The Allen Flame

Bookstore Has New Digs

Reine Loflin, left, and Savannah Williams happily greet students in the Allen Bookstore, which has been relocated to the B Complex near the mailroom.

Brandon Woodruff

Brandon Woodruff, Photo Editor

With the construction of the new Student Center finally commenced, many Allen Community College employees have had to move around campus for new “temporary” offices in an attempt to adjust to all the construction.

But with the construction comes problems, especially for the Allen Bookstore. The store manager, Reine Loflin, has found a solution by moving the book store over to the admissions office in B-complex. Students can now attain or return books or get school merchandise such as clothes, hats, journals, pens, or even calculators in B-50, which is adjacent to the mailroom and admissions area..

“The move itself took a total of two weeks to move all the books, merchandise, computers, shelves and part of a wall, with the help of the maintenance crew,” Loflin said.

“With the limited amount of time to our schedules, we were grateful that we had book dollies to help us move,” added her assistant, Savannah Williams.

The books were moved by hand and dolly and it took longer than expected to be moved,

“The maintenance crew wasn’t ready for the books to be shelved when the move began,” Loflin said.

“They then built two shelves and a temporary wall for the store,” Williams stated.

The first couple of days were rough, but they did manage to move the store and books with just two dollies and by arranging the books alphabetically.

“We could definitely have the bookstore (location) promoted better throughout the college and with students,” Loflin said.

• News

Students Get To Pick

• Bookstore Has New Digs

News

Does the End of Net Neutrality Affect Schools?

• Bookstore Has New Digs

News

Community College Impacts Allen Economy

• Bookstore Has New Digs

News

Staying Safe at Allen

• Bookstore Has New Digs

News

Graduation Around the Corner

• Bookstore Has New Digs

News

Community Colleges Have Pluses In Cost, Support

• Bookstore Has New Digs

News

19th Annual ACE Awards Honor Arts, Communications

• Bookstore Has New Digs

News

Allen Theatre Presents Dracula

• Bookstore Has New Digs

News

Fortnite Takeover

• Bookstore Has New Digs

News

Handling Horton Hall

The Official Student News Site of Allen Community College
Bookstore Has New Digs