The Allen Flame

Lindsey Temaat

Lindsey Temaat, Managing Editor

KCM 2019 Journalist of The Year

Lindsey Temaat is a twenty-year-old sophomore from Leonardville, Kan., attending Allen Community College. She is pursuing a degree in communications, and plans to transfer to a four year university next year. Last year Temaat served as the first Managing Editor of the Flame, and has returned to her position for a second year. As a freshman, she also enjoyed getting heavily involved in theater productions and choir as well as serving as the Freshman Class Representative on the Student Senate at Allen, and as a communications intern at Thrive Allen County.

Prior to Allen, Temaat had many opportunities to show her public relations skills. She had written for her local newspaper, The Riley Countian, for three years. She was also given the opportunity to promote a local band by distributing and designing flyers and helping the band gain publicity. All of these things she did on her own initiative.

Temaat recently completed her year long internship at Thrive Allen County, is now the Student Senate President at Allen, and works as the Marketing Communications Manager for the city of La Harpe, Kan. Temaat is not only eager about gaining the skills she needs for future jobs in public relations, but she is also excited to continue to get students more involved in the community during her last semester at Allen.

Temaat stated her favorite student life event is dollar blizzard night. When asked “If you were an ice cream, what kind would you be,” she responded with butter pecan because she is sweet and just a little nutty.

All content by Lindsey Temaat
The Allen Community College Board of Trustees attended the ribbon cutting for the new Student Center in January, and are some of the most influential voices at the college.

Meet the Board of Trustees

Lindsey Temaat, Managing Editor
May 9, 2019
Allen Sophomore Virgil Wight competed against students from universities across the state and will represent the college at the Kansas Intercollegiate Band this weekend in Wichita.

Wight to Represent Allen at State Band

Lindsey Temaat, Managing Editor
February 17, 2019
Allen Community College Sophomores Amber Gloria and Perry Carroll were crowned 2019 Homecoming Royalty at the mens basketball game Feb. 11.

Homecoming 2019 Candidates Crowned

Lindsey Temaat, Managing Editor
February 14, 2019
Radio stations across America have recently banned the Christmas classic Baby its Cold Outside from their airwaves.

Editorial: How Far is Too Far?

Lindsey Temaat, Managing Editor
December 11, 2018
Doug Dunlap gave tours to students and faculty over the summer and got to see the new facility take shape.

New Student Center Nears Completion

Lindsey Temaat, Managing Editor
August 30, 2018
Allen Community Colleges Homecoming Court pose for a few pictures after the ceremony.

2018 Homecoming Candidates Crowned

Lindsey Temaat, Managing Editor
February 23, 2018
Load More Stories
Activate Search
Lindsey Temaat