2018 Homecoming Candidates Crowned

Chase Hochard

Allen Community College’s Homecoming Court pose for a few pictures after the ceremony.

Lindsey Temaat, Managing Editor

The Homecoming games versus Independence brought a sea of red to Allen Community College and 10 smiling candidates to the court for the mid-week celebration. King Conner Bond and Queen Winter Henry were crowned during halftime of the men’s Valentine’s Day basketball game.

Each year a group of candidates are nominated by activity sponsors, and then voted on by the students. This year’s candidates included Cierra Bennett (track/cross country), Abbey Hand (soccer), Winter Henry (softball), Abby Steinhauser (track/cross country), Katelyn Swanson (basketball), Conner Bond (baseball), Reid Browning (baseball), Seth Coltrane (cheer/athletic training), Austin Cross (baseball), and Jacob Patterson (basketball).

“I never really leave my house so it was a huge surprise being nominated in the top five, let alone winning homecoming queen,” said Henry about her win. “I’m going to miss the friends I’ve made, my coaches and professors, and the family feel that Allen has.”

Henry was not alone in that sentiment. Bond also expressed his surprise when asked about the night.

“I was up against a lot of great candidates, so knowing that the student body voted for me to win makes me think I’ve had a good impact on the people around me,” said Bond.”I’ll for sure miss the people here at Allen.”