Play, Eat At Game Night

Bailey Sprague, Photo Editor

Game night at Allen Community College happens approximately once a month in the library. Students can come to the library, play board games, card games, eat snacks, and mingle with other students on campus. The activity typically takes place on Thursday evenings and is free to attend.

“I’ve only been to one game night, but the one I went to was pretty fun,” said junior Cordy Winston.

There have only been three game nights so far this year, many of them have taken place on nights with other activities, which has prevented some students from attending them.

Winston also said, “I played UNO with a few friends and ate some of the snacks that were available.”

Librarian Director Sandy Moore provides the snacks; the selection is normally various cookies and crackers with different Capri Sun varieties to drink. Moore is also present during all the game nights to supervise, have fun with students and help anyone who may need it.

“It’s a really collaborative atmosphere; everyone is really willing to let you join a game so if you don’t have anyone to go with, that really isn’t a problem,” said Winston.

Some of the games offered can be complicated, but the student workers in the library are familiar with the rules of every game that could be chosen. They are trained and briefed on the rules of every game and have no problem showing students how to play.

The next game night is Thursday, Nov. 9, from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Allen Library. Grab some friends and come play a game, or come out to meet new people and have a good time.