Holiday Season Music Events Set

Elvira Avdeyeva, News Editor

The Allen Community College Music Department presents the fall 2014 Student Recital on Monday, Dec. 8, at 7:00 pm at Creitz Recital Hall in the Bowlus Fine Arts Center. Under the direction of Allen music director Ted Clous, many students will participate in the event: “The Devils Disciples” (six performers), “ACC Saxophone Quartet” (four performers), “The Fallen Angels” (seven performers), and “ACC Brass Quintet” (five performers).

On Friday, Dec. 5, performers from the Student Recital get an opportunity to meet Andrea Garritano, lecturer in voice/director of opera music at Washburn University, Topeka. Garritano will share her experience as a master of music and see Allen students practice for the big show on Monday.

Sunday, Dec. 7, at 4 p.m. on the Bowlus stage, Clous will coordinate Tuba Christmas. It will feature Dr. Claudio Re from Bethany College as guest conductor. Musicians, both young and old, from southeast Kansas will perform holiday favorites on low brass instruments. Admission is free to the public

On Sunday, Dec. 14, at 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church in Iola, the ACC Music Department will present its annual Christmas Concert. It will feature the Devils Fyre Vocal Jazz Ensemble, the ACC Concert Choir, the ACC brass quintet, and the ACC saxophone ensemble. Admission is free to the public.