He Sets, Reaches High Marks in Studies & Running

Jose+Reza+is+a+fierce+competitor+in+and+out+of+the+classroom.+

Jose Reza is a fierce competitor in and out of the classroom.

Austin George, Features Editor

Allen Community College is fortunate to have several outstanding students who excel both academically and athletically. Jose Reza is one student in particular who stands out from others.

Reza is from Florida. He attended Immokalee High School and graduated with a 4.6 grade point average out of a 4.0 scale. He achieved this by taking honors and Advanced Placement classes. He was then recognized as the Florida Student of the Year in 2016.

“It’s funny, because everybody assumes I always study. I’m actually a runner too,” Reza said .

Reza left Florida to come to Allen Community College for the opportunity to develop as a runner. Reza has competed on the track and cross country team the last two years. While at Allen he has won a national championship with his team, maintained a 4.0 and is an officer of the Phi Theta Kappa honor society.

“I’m grateful for everything, but I had to work for it. All of it,” said Reza.

I’m gateful for everything, but I had to work for it. All of it.

Reza was faced with several different challenges while growing up.

“Many people would not understand, but it was tough. It made me who I am today,” Reza said.

Today, Reza strives to be the best person he can be both on and off the field. He is dedicated to both academics and athletics. Currently, Reza is in the process of transferring to a four-year college after he graduates this year. As of right now, he has committed to Missouri Valley for track. Another option for Reza is attending Harvard.

“I really want to keep running, but we will see what happens,” said Reza.