Men’s BB Ends Regular Season on Winning Note

Nikayla Kussatz, Health Editor

Taking down the team ranked No. 11 in the nation, the Red Devils beat Hutchinson Community College for the first time at home, 87-86, on Feb. 22. Leading the score was Tyler Williams with 23 points, Jordan Marshall with 17, Rayce Hoepker with 15 and Perry Carroll with 13.

We fought through adversity in the second half when Hutch went on a big run, and we made a lot of big plays in the final few minutes to earn the victory

— Andy Shaw, Men's Basketball Coach

“We fought through adversity in the second half when Hutch went on a big run, and we made a lot of big plays in the final few minutes to earn the victory,” said Coach Andy Shaw. “Tyler Williams and Rayce Hoepker shot the ball well from the 3 point line as they combined to make 11 3’s on the night.”

With the winning point, Jacob Patterson made his free throw to make 87. The Dragons then threw away their possession by letting the ball slip out of bounds.

“It was a total team effort and I also want to thank the student section as well,” said Coach Shaw. “They were incredible last night and helped us get the victory by making a lot of noise and giving us energy to finish the game strong.”

January. 17 the Red Devils took down Dodge City Community College by 79-78. This is their second win in a row. The boys had their last home game on Feb. 26 against Pratt Community College, which they won.

The team will begin post-season play Thursday, March 1, at Garden City Community College.