Jordan Marshall Shares Basketball Goals

Sophomore Jordan Marshall is a member of the Red Devils Basketball Team.

Austin George, Features Editor

Allen Countians bundle up and head out for the late night basketball games all winter, and Allen Community College is fortunate to have a basketball team that both students and faculty can look forward to enjoying. The Red Devil men opened up their season Nov. 1 against Ottawa JV. The boys flew, winning by twenty-nine.

One individual in particular has stood out among others. A sophomore, Jordan Marshall scored twenty-nine against Ottawa and has averaged eighteen points a game through four games. The Red Devils have had a rough season, however Jordan is very optimistic about where this season could end up.

“We haven’t even come close to our full potential yet, but we’re starting to build a good chemistry for upcoming games,” Marshall said.

The Red Devils fell short of the playoffs last year and are working hard to make the cut this year.

“Our team goal is to get to the playoffs so we can forget about last year’s season,”  Marshall said.

The boys are more focused than ever.

“Before each game we blare music and we get a lot of shots in,” Marshall said.

Jordan plans to graduate from Allen and continue playing at a four-year university. However, Jordan does not want to worry about his future until he finishes this season.

“I just want to focus on this season and then I’ll worry about myself,” Marshall said. “We just want to finish Top 5 in the conference to ensure we make playoffs.”