Women’s Soccer Team Staying Strong

Charles Williams, Sports Editor

The Allen County Red Devils women’s soccer team is dominating this year with a 10-3-2 record, fourth in the conference standings. Coach Jeremy McGinnis is coming off one of the best Red Devil women’s soccer records in history compiled last year and is striving to be better.

The women’s team went undefeated for five straight games before tying two of the next three. They finally received their first lost in the first week in October to Richland College.

It has been an overall great start for the women’s season. Sophomore Savvy Fairall thinks this year has been an exceptional experience for her. She believes in this team, and they have gelled so well as teammates and even friends.

“And you can see it, even outside of games and practices. We have fun with each other and push each other so we become better,” Fairall said.

Some players are also being recognized individually as Lexi Godlove and Jessica Pancoast have been named Jayhawk Players of the Week in previous weeks. Pancoast, the goalie, is the top ranked player at her position in the conference, allowing the fewest goals and having the fewest goal percentage overall. Godlove is in the top 15 in goals scored this year, and she is one of the dominant players in the conference, as well.

“The team is always working hard, so we expect great results and greatness from one another,” freshman Patience Fleak said. She expects this team to make a deep playoff run.