New Study Hack: Knowledge Shower

A+student+uses+a+version+of+the+Knowledge+Shower+while+looking+at+vacation+opportunities+for+Summer+break.+

Getty Images/iStockphoto

A student uses a version of the “Knowledge Shower” while looking at vacation opportunities for Summer break.

Sondra Owings-Priest, Student Reporter

(Warning: This is a work of student satire and is meant for entertainment purposes only.)

With the world we live in today, everyone wants money. So, more and more people are deciding to go to med school so that, once they graduate, they can roll in piles of cash, especially if they make it as big as Dr. Pimple Popper.

That being said, Medical School, or Med School for short, is one of the hardest things anyone can do, except for maybe waxing your legs. (I don’t think millions of college-level medical tests will ever compare to ripping out every single hair on your legs simultaneously.) With med school being so hard, students are finding new and innovative ways to study for these difficult tests.

Some unique students, who are always looking for an easy way out, are using the new “Knowledge Shower” study technique. This new study breakthrough is as simple as putting a textbook over one’s head, giving it a little shake, and soaking in all of that knowledge through like a shower. This quick and efficient way to study allows students to be able to sit back and enjoy their nightly games of Mario Kart during the week of a big test. This new process of studying allows students to scoff at their roommate who was up all night studying for exams as they grab their textbooks 15 minutes before leaving for a big exam and shake an A into their heads.

The question is though, “will this new way of studying continue to help current students as they go into their career fields?” Well, it’s six in the morning, and your neurosurgeon just showed up late, and instead of washing his hands before entering the Operating Room, the last thing you see before going under anesthesia is the surgeon shaking a medical book over his head. A smile creeps over your face as you think, “He’s got this,” and the world fades into blackness.

As the school year comes to an end, med students will be graduating, and I think everyone will agree, with this innovative way of studying, it’ll be interesting to see them in action.