• Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @theallenflame

The Allen Flame

Allen PTK Alums Shine at Washburn

Michaela Trobough, a 2016 graduate of Allen and PTK alum, lights a candle in a spring induction ceremony for the honor society at Washburn University. Trobough was recognized as a top student-athlete at the Topeka university.

TOPEKA – Two alumnae of Allen Community College were recognized last spring at Washburn University for achievements through Phi Theta Kappa, a national honor society.

Michaela Trobough, 2016 graduate from the Iola Campus and a two-year member of the Red Devil cheer team and Firestarters dance squad, was recognized by PTK Alumni of Washburn University with the Kemp Scholar Athlete Award, presented to a PTKAW member who demonstrates dedication to academic and athletic excellence as a Washburn student-athlete.

Ebony White, left, presents a PTK scholarship named for her to Kyann Eslick, who is Washburn PTK’s president this year.

Trobough won back-to-back national championships with the Washburn University Dancing Blues after transferring from Allen. The award is named after twins Taylor and Sierra Kemp, alumni of Labette Community College who were two of the original members of PTKAW while they competed on the Washburn softball team.

Ebony White, a 2015 graduate from Allen’s Burlingame Campus, is the namesake of a PTKAW scholarship, which also was announced April 28 at the PTKAW induction ceremony at Washburn. The scholarship, awarded last year to Kyann Eslick, president-elect of PTKAW and an alumna of Hutchinson Community College, is endowed by Rosemary Helms, longtime volunteer partner of PTKAW.

White transferred to Washburn from Allen in 2015 and completed her bachelor of business administration degree in management and international business in 2017. She served as a PTKAW officer her senior year.

• Allen PTK Alums Shine at Washburn

News

Home Away From Home

• Allen PTK Alums Shine at Washburn

News

They Didn’t Come Back ‘til it was Over, Over There

• Allen PTK Alums Shine at Washburn

News

Veteran Memorial Garden Set To Join History Of Iola Square

• Allen PTK Alums Shine at Washburn

News

“Pink Out” Game Set to Benefit Community

• Allen PTK Alums Shine at Washburn

News

Photo Gallery: Student Leaders Represent Allen at Farm City Days

• Allen PTK Alums Shine at Washburn

News

Allen County Comes Together for Fall Festival

• Allen PTK Alums Shine at Washburn

News

Mamma Mia is an ABBA-SOLUTE Must See

• Allen PTK Alums Shine at Washburn

News

Financial Literacy: How to Improve Your Life One Dollar at a Time

• Allen PTK Alums Shine at Washburn

News

Photo Gallery: Allen Baseball Lends a Hand

• Allen PTK Alums Shine at Washburn

News

Photo Gallery: First PTK Meeting Success

The Official Student News Site of Allen Community College
Allen PTK Alums Shine at Washburn