Students Direct One Act Wonders

Student Directors Judd Wiltse, Ian Malcolm, Chloe Bedell, and Kate Terhune, smile for a picture on the Allen Theater stage before the big show.

Brogan Falls

Brogan Falls, News Editor

Allen Community College is hosting its annual student directed one act plays on March 1-3. The shows will begin at 7:30 p.m. each night. There will be an entry fee for the general public, but students get in free with their Allen ID. These productions contain vulgar language or other adult references, so audience members should be prepared.

The productions are left under the complete control of student directors. These students have worked hard, alongside their actors, to put their own interpretations on the one act of their choice.

Student director, Kate Terhune, was inspired to take this position due to her experience as an actor.

“It’s always been something that I have wanted to do, to be able to see the stage from the other side,” said Terhune.  “I’m just excited to have something to call my own, and I want to share that with the public.”

Both the directors and the actors are very talented individuals and they deserve the support of the public.

— Judd Wiltse

Another student director this semester is Judd Wiltse. Wiltse shared that he wanted to become a student director because of his participation in the one acts last year.

“Last year I thought it would be a pretty fun thing to do, and low and behold: I’m now directing my very own student one act,” said Wiltse. “Both the directors and the actors are very talented individuals and they deserve the support of the public.” Wiltse urges the public to come and experience the shows.

Chloe Bedell has also risen to the occasion and is directing a one act.

“It was an amazing opportunity that I wasn’t going to give up,” Bedell stated with confidence. She also added that she wants to convey a very strong feeling with the audience. “I want them to leave with an unexpected feeling,” said Bedell.

The fourth and final student director is Ian Malcolm. Malcolm’s  inspiration arose from his own acting experiences.

“I wanted to see what it was like from the director’s perspective, to help shape the actor’s vision,” said Malcolm. “I just want everyone to have a good time.”

Overall, the directors have put in more than enough hard work to make their respective one acts the best they can be. The directors are all enthusiastic about their plays and are excited to show the community their artistic vision. All of the student directors have expressed their passion for what they are doing and can’t wait to share that with the general public. Respectively, the public is urged to come enjoy themselves, and support the talents of these individuals.