• Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @theallenflame

The Allen Flame

Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas Provides Health Care Options for Students

The+Community+Health+Center+of+Southeast+Kansas+provides+affordable+health+care+for+all%2C+including+the+uninsured.+
The Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas provides affordable health care for all, including the uninsured.

RJay McCoy

RJay McCoy

RJay McCoy, Sports Editior

Located across the street from Wal-Mart on North State Street is the newly opened Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas. That’s just a three-minute drive from campus, for the health needs of Allen Community College students to be met.  

CHC of SEK is a mission-based, non-profit organization based in Pittsburg, Kan. The center accepts all patients whether or not they have medical insurance. Rates are based on family size and copayments can be reduced up to $15 based on income and insurance coverage. Students can also receive reduced co-pays based on financial need.

The facility houses two medical doctors along with two family practitioners. They also have two dentists along with four dental hygienists. A mental health unit is included in the offices as a full-time psychologist practices there. It has a full lab where they can do blood draws, basic immunizations needed for resident halls, and wound care.

“One interesting thing we have here is our pharmacy,” CHC of SEK Manager, Sofie Alexander said. “Here they accept individuals with no insurance and have competitive prices.”

To learn more about the facility contact Patient Navigator Cyndy Greenhagen ([email protected] or (620)380-6600) for more information.

• Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas Provides Health Care Options for Students

Health

On the Same Wavelength: Your Brain on Music

Health

Parks & Rec: Iola Edition

Health

Shop Local, Live Good

Health

Righteous Ramen Recipes for the Struggling College Student

2017-2018

Food Service Provider Receives Positive Feedback

Health

Protecting Your Health One Pod at a Time

2017-2018

G&W Brings Opportunity & Health Food to Central Iola

• 2017-2018

Sound Health, Activity Practices Fight Homesickness

2017-2018

Salad In the Caf, or Ramen In the Dorm?

• 2017-2018

Living On Budget Is Must For Most

The Official Student News Site of Allen Community College